the one by two kitchen
blog is a collection of homemade recipes and postings of food that I love and adore. Most of the recipes are very homemade-y, easy to make (no longer a Uni student but a workaholic graduate now) and most importantly - look and taste good. Enjoy browsing and trying out the recipes.

PS: Follow or subscribe to the blog and use the Archives links for more recipes!
*I last updated this blog on: 3 February 2012! Check the one by two kitchen homepage


Tuesday 1 February 2011

Sizzling Hot Pork with Miso sauce inspired from Buta no Misoyaki!



I have a thing about Japanese food. I really do.


While I was back home at Jakarta, Indonesia, one of my favourite time of the day is lunch with my dad while we were working at the office. Our lunches range from simple Indonesian waroeng takeaways to fancy Chinese dimsum restaurants. Still - my old time favourite is the Japanese lunch at Gumon, Kyoei Prince tower at Jalan Jenderal Sudirman. The best thing about the place is that it is absolutely a hidden gem in every sense - Japanese chef, fresh ingredients, and the fact that the restaurant is always full of Japanese expatriates (always a good sign!)


While I cannot proclaim that I know everything about Japanese food, I can say that I know quite a lot. My dad's former boss was a Japanese man (and a kind-hearted one), and so my dad is quite an expert when it comes to Japanese dining. I learnt a lot from him, and we ventured a lot to various Japanese restaurants everytime I am at home.


One of the dishes that really intrigued me is Buta no Misoyaki, or grilled pork with miso sauce. I've always liked Miso sauce, but at winter time I'm usually not quite for the mood of grills. 


So on one night, while thinking about how good miso soup is, I decided to try on a new dish made from extra lean pork and miso soup paste. That simple!


The taste is superb especially in the winter time when the weather is cold. This admittably is a very simple dish, but sometimes good things come in the simplest forms, something that I truly adhere to when it comes to writing for the one by two kitchen blog!


My sizzling hot pork with miso sauce, cooked on the hob!


OK - let's get to the recipes. Jot down the shopping list and in a good 20 - 30 minutes you're ready to have this awesome sizzling hot pork with miso sauce.


NOTE: You can substitute Pork with Tuna. I've tried it and it is equally delightful. I use extra loin pork because I'm quite health conscious and is available to me, if it's not, you are free to substitute it to normal pork loin.


Makes 1 Serving.


Ingredients:
  • Extra loin pork (2 medallions) [I got mine from Sainsbury's]
  • Teriyaki Sauce (to marinade)
  • Spring Onions (2, chopped o small pieces)
  • Lettuce (handful, chopped to bite size)
  • Egg (1)
  • Tofu Miso Paste (preferably with seaweed inside)

Preparation*:
*Preparation is not compulsory but is recommended to ensure better taste
  • Marinade the extra loin pork with Teriyaki sauce for one night (best result) or,
  • Using your fork, puncture the meat evenly while smearing the Teriyaki sauce, leave for at least 30 minutes


How to Prepare:
  • Dilute the Tofu Miso Soup Paste with warm water of around 200 ml
  • Lightly coat the pan with oil, add spring onions when oil is hot enough
  • Sizzle the spring onions for 1-2 minutes
  • Put the chopped lettuces in, stir-fry and add one tablespoons of teriyaki sauce and some water, stir-fry until half-cooked
  • Pour the Miso Soup in
  • Put the meats on to the pan on medium heat
  • Cook for around 10 - 15 minutes
  • Crack the egg in to the pan
  • Cook for around 10 minutes or until meat is fully cooked
  • Serve on a plate or a bowl!
Served piping hot for lunch before lectures

It's so easy but it is really nice! These days I have been cooking this a lot because of its simplicity and the Miso taste (I love Miso!) I'm sure if you have never had a go for Miso, you will find the taste soy-basedly nice.

Til the next recipe!

LOVE. the one by two kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strictly NO spamming! Comments are moderated and so spams and irrelevant/abusive comments will be deleted.