the one by two kitchen
blog is a collection of homemade recipes and postings of food that I love and adore. Most of the recipes are very homemade-y, easy to make (no longer a Uni student but a workaholic graduate now) and most importantly - look and taste good. Enjoy browsing and trying out the recipes.

PS: Follow or subscribe to the blog and use the Archives links for more recipes!
*I last updated this blog on: 3 February 2012! Check the one by two kitchen homepage


Friday 18 February 2011

To Go Roll Up Healthy Sandwich

In my previous post, I mentioned how bad my pocket state is, having had to travel to London on Monday for my passport renewal!

And to add complication to my pocket, I've got to stay for quite a long time in the campus to do my lab work and research studies. I've always had prejudice that 'eating out' is not that healthy so it has never been my choice before. I used to go back every lunch time and come back to uni, but since my work is getting busier, I finally had to give in to eating on campus - with distinction, because I packed my sandwich.

I used to not like packing up sandwich because they always come out messy (and rather embarrassing!) However, I was really inspired by a friend of mine Katrina who used cling plastic to wrap her sandwich. I tried to roll them for more space, and guess what - they came out tidy and fulfilling too while I munched them in the library!

I use three wholewheat bread leaves and healthy fillings to suit my diet. Lately I'm really liking a cheese spread that Bila and I found in a Halal supermarket. Feel free to alter to your own dietary requirements! To make the sandwiches healthy, I put fresh veggies on.

The key point on rolling up the sandwich is by steaming the bread by either using a steamer or a microwave.


Three Roll Up Sandwiches




























You will need to have Cling Plastic Wraps!


Serves 1 person


Ingredients:

  • Wholewheat bread (3 slices)
  • Cheese Spread OR Light/Low-fat Butter 
  • Shredded lettuce (chopped lettuces will do)
  • Tomato (1)
  • Asian Floss (Indonesian Abon) OR can be changed to other fillings i.e. egg mayo, tuna mayo, fried egg, or any other fillings



How to Prepare:

  • Steam your bread slices either on a steamer, or for a quick one, microwave for 1 minute
  • Spread the cheese spread or butter onto the bread slices
  • Dice the tomato, you might want to remove the juicy middle
  • On the first slice: put the bread slice on a cling wrap (roughly 7 cm in length), put the diced tomato on top, roll over and secure
  • On the second slice: instead of diced tomato, use lettuce instead
  • Use any fillings you like on the third slice (mine is the Indonesian beef floss - known as abon in Indonesian)
  • Pack them and enjoy!

Full of Veggie Goodness!

























Save those extra quids for Easter holiday!

LOVE. the one by two kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Strictly NO spamming! Comments are moderated and so spams and irrelevant/abusive comments will be deleted.